This page is an historical document and contains content that may be out of date.
David Spiegel, M.D., Jack, Lulu & Sam Willson Professor in the School of Medicine, Associate Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University
Credits: This lecture is part of an archive. Please note that CME/CEU credit is no longer available for this lecture.
- Recognize the relationship between stress, altered mental states, and illness
- Discuss the benefits of integrative medicine
- Explain hypnosis and its effects
- Describe the use of mind-body medicine for the treatment of cancer
- Identify the importance of support groups for patients with cancer
This lecture has been broken into six chapters, beginning with Stress, Altered Mental States and Illness. Use the links below to move through the lecture in order, or jump to any chapter using the sidebar links at right.