Complementary and Alternative Medicine Online Continuing Education Series
Learn More About the Available Courses
- Ten Years of Research on Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Promising Ideas from Outside the Mainstream
- Herbs and Other Dietary Supplements [No longer available*]
- Mind-Body Medicine [No longer available*]
- Acupuncture: An Evidence-Based Assessment [No longer available*]
- Manipulative and Body-Based Therapies: Chiropractic and Spinal Manipulation [No longer available*]
- CAM and Aging [No longer available*]
- Integrative Medicine
- Health and Spirituality
- Studying the Effects of Natural Products
- Neurobiological Correlates of Acupuncture
* In an effort to keep the science current, several lectures have been removed. We will be adding new lectures.
Each lecture includes:
- A video lecture by one author, including the transcript
- A question and answer transcript
- An optional online test
- Additional resource links
- A certificate of completion
Participants must register (free). However, personal information is not needed if you do not want continuing education credit. Simply create a username and password. The program will keep track of the courses that you complete.
Although developed for health care professionals to receive continuing education, members of the public are invited to view the series and learn more about various aspects of CAM and CAM research.
Continuing Education Credits for Health Professionals
Health professionals must register to receive continuing education credits. You may log in as a Guest and view the material; however, we will not track which chapters you have completed and will not be able to issue continuing education credits.
Continuing Education Credits
Post-tests must be completed with an accuracy of 70 percent or better to receive a CME or a CEU credit. A maximum of 10 CME Category I credits will be awarded to physicians and a maximum of 12 contact hours will be awarded to nurses.
Certificate of Completion
The certificate of completion is available to you upon completion of each test chapter as a PDF file. If you are unable to view it you may need to download Adobe Reader. You will also need Adobe Reader to view the video transcripts, which are available as links under each video. Completion of this educational program does not represent professional medical license/credentials or certification to practice within the topic areas covered.
View our Privacy Statement.
Contact NCCAM's Clearinghouse toll free at 1-888-644-6226.