Services and Hours
The NCCAM Clearinghouse…
- Responds to inquiries, in English or Spanish
- Distributes NCCAM publications and selected other Federal publications on complementary health approaches
- Retrieves information from Federal databases of peer-reviewed scientific and medical literature
- Makes referrals to other Federal resources as appropriate
- Is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET (except Federal holidays)
How To Contact the Clearinghouse
The NCCAM Clearinghouse provides information on complementary health approaches and NCCAM, including publications and searches of Federal databases of scientific and medical literature. The Clearinghouse does not provide medical advice, treatment recommendations, or referrals to practitioners.
Toll-free in the U.S.: 1-888-644-6226
TTY (for deaf and hard-of-hearing callers): 1-866-464-3615
Web site: nccam.nih.gov
As one of its mandates from Congress, NCCAM is charged with “the dissemination of health information… with respect to identifying, investigating, and validating complementary and alternative treatment, diagnostic, and prevention modalities, disciplines, and systems.” (Public Law 105-277) The NCCAM Clearinghouse serves this mission. It is the public's point of contact for scientifically based information on complementary and alternative medicine and for information about NCCAM.
The NCCAM Clearinghouse does not provide medical advice or referrals to practitioners. Decisions about medical care and treatment should be made in consultation with a health care provider, based on the condition and needs of each person. NCCAM recommends discussing information on complementary health approaches with a health care provider before making any decisions about treatment or care.