Grant Application Resources
Investigators are encouraged to contact NCCAM Program Directors before submission of grant applications.
On this page:
Links to policies, writing tips, deadlines, forms, and more.
- Who can apply for funding
Lists of organization requirements, eligible institutions, and more.
- Guidance for NCCAM application cover letters
- Grant-writing advice and sample applications
Useful Web sites to help you plan, write, and apply for a research project grant.
- Deadlines (application receipt dates)
- Natural Product Integrity Policy
- Dissemination and Implementation Research: NCCAM Interests
- Electronic submission (NIH)
- Application forms and instructions (NIH)
- How your application is reviewed
Details and additional information about the NIH application review process.
- All About Grants Podcast (OER)
- Grantee Policies
- Resources from NCCAM Presentations at Integrative Medicine & Health 2012
- System of Award Management (SAM) Registration
Organizations must renew their SAM registration annually.
- Guidelines for PAR-13-220 Center for Excellence in Research on CAM (CERC)—Request for Permission to Apply
- Policy on Resubmission Applications (NIH)
Clinical Research Resources
- Considerations for NCCAM Clinical Trial Grant Applications
- NCCAM Clinical Research Toolbox
- International Interventional Clinical Studies: NCCAM Special Considerations
Pre-Application Events and Summaries
- Pre-application Webinar on Research Training & Career Development Opportunities (October 30, 2014)
- Center of Excellence for Natural Product Drug Interaction Research Pre-application Webinar (October 7, 2014)
- Pre-Application Webinar on Arts-Based Approaches in Palliative Care for Symptom Management (July 31, 2014)
- Webinar, April 1, 2014: the Center for Advancing Natural Products Innovation and Technology (CANPIT) FOA
- Pre-Application Teleconference on Plasticity and Mechanisms of Cognitive Remediation in Older Adults (R01) (February 6, 2014)
- Pre-Application Teleconference on Center for Advancing Natural Products Innovation and Technology (U41) (January 27, 2014)
- NCCAM Pre-Application Teleconference for Research Training (December 4, 2013)
- NCCAM Pre-Application Teleconference on Non-Pharmacological Approaches to Managing Pain and Co-Morbid Conditions in U.S. Military Personnel, Veterans, and Their Families (200KB PDF) (August 6, 2013)
- NCCAM Pre-Application (SBIR-STTR) Teleconference to Discuss Two Companion Funding Opportunities for Small Businesses (July 17, 2013)
- Research on Complementary Approaches to Symptom Management in Military and Veteran Populations (PA-13-075) (May 15, 2013)
- T90/R90 Pre-Application Teleconference (January 24, 2013)
- K24 Pre-Application Teleconference (September 7, 2011)
- R34 Pre-Application Teleconference Q&A (August 5, 2010)